Welcome to Centre Elementary School
3 months ago
199 Armory Road
Centre, Alabama 35960
Principal: Wes Neyman
Message from the Principal
Hello and welcome to Centre Elementary School, home of the “Little Warriors.”
Your children are why we are here as they are the products of our profession, which we take very seriously. We take great pride in helping our students achieve at the highest possible academic levels. I have often heard people say that today’s children are so much different than they were years ago. I don’t really think it is as much the children being different as it is the world we live in being so different than it used to be, and it continues to change almost daily. Because of this, it is our charge that we help our students cope, adjust, and most of all, learn from these changes. We can’t sit still. We try to provide a high quality education, delivered by highly qualified, caring, and passionate teachers, in a setting that is safe, nurturing, and child-friendly. We believe that using the latest technological advancements within all of our curriculums will allow our students to keep pace with the very best in the world, especially since we have some of the very best that the world has to offer.
Please take time to come and visit our school and see the great things that are going on at CES! We believe that you will be pleased by what you see. Our doors (and minds) are always open to new ideas that can make our school an even better place. If you would like to share your ideas with us, please don’t hesitate to let us know. A combined effort by school, home, and community, with the focus constantly on our children, will provide them with the best possible opportunities to be future success stories. We look forward to hearing from you.
CES Scholastic Book Fair
CES will be hosting a virtual Scholastic Book Fair.
9/29/21 – 10/12/21
• Over 5,000 products including Book Fair exclusives, new releases, value packs, and more.
• All orders ship home. Free shipping on bookonly orders over $25*
• Your school earns 25% in rewards during the Fair and 2% year-round
Visit our Book Fair homepage: https://bit.ly/cesbooks1
Kindergarten Supply List 2021-2022
- 4 boxes of 24 count Crayola crayons
- 10 Elmer’s glue sticks (orange lid)
- 1 plastic Kindermat (no sleeping bags or cloth rest mats)
- Expo markers
- 1 coloring book
- BOYS – gallon zip lock bags
- GIRLS – quart zip lock bags
- Crayola washable markers
- 1 spiral bound notebook (1 subject)
- Plastic crayon box
Please bring ALL supplies in a bag with your child’s name on the OUTSIDE to Meet Your Teacher Night.
Your child’s rest mat is the only thing that is necessary to write his/her name on….we will share all other supplies.
1st Grade Supply List 2021-2022
- Scissors (Fiskars blunt end)
- Glue Sticks (8 count)
- Crayons (4 packs of Crayola brand)
- Headphones (No Earbuds)
- 3 packs of yellow pencils
- 1 pack of pencil top erasers
2nd Grade Supply List 2021-2022
- 4 packs of glue sticks
- 3 boxes of 24 count Crayola crayons
- 1 plastic blue folder with pockets and 3 prongs
- 3 packs of pencil top erasers
- 2 packs of Ticonderoga pencils
- Gallon, Quart, or Snack size Zip-loc bags (Choose only 1)
- 4 Composition Notebooks (any color or design)
*Donations are appreciated for use of craft supplies, student rewards, cleaning supplies, and extra activities throughout the year.
3rd Grade Supply List 2021-2022
- 2 12pk. Ticonderoga Pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- Book bag (no rolling bags)
- 2 packs of 24 count crayons
- 3 hole pencil pouch
- 1 pack of loose leaf, wide ruled notebook paper
- 1 wide ruled composition book
- 1 pack of at least 6 tab dividers
- 2 highlighters
- Erasers (no cap erasers)
- 1 Small Pack of Expo Markers
- 2 Glue Sticks
*Monetary donations are appreciated as we will complete projects throughout the year.
4th Grade Supply List 2021-2022
- 3 – Composition Notebooks - No Spirals
- Reading Journal
- Math Journal
- Science Journal
- 2 - Large Block Erasers
- 2 packs - Wide Ruled Notebook Paper
- 2 Glue Sticks
- Sticky Notes
- Pencil Pouch
- Expo Markers
- Highlighter - any color
- Small pack of colored pencils
- Zip Lock Bags: Girls bring Gallon size & boys bring Sandwich size
No Large Binders, Pencil Sharpeners, or Mechanical Pencils Allowed
Donations of classroom items and/or money would be appreciated.